Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Personal Entry- Deomo Facing Fate

Sometimes my senses startle me. Gifted or cursed…I have been granted the ability of a heightened perception of most people. Sometimes this manifests in a mental awareness of their thoughts, sometimes it manifests as a sense, a smell…Much like an animal.

Interestingly animals are very in tune with another sentient’s feelings. My cats have often nuzzled me when I have been tired, felt disconnected, or just lost to the world. When Mystyn died, most of my time was spent leaning on Slice and just staring into the stars. She patiently laid there, curled around my shoulders. At times, it appears she acknowledges me with a slight nod of her head…Other times, she has cocked her head to the side as if she was studying my face.

Last night I sensed…smelled something on Deomo. Not only the sense of sickness, which I attribute to the pendant, but there was also something new there. It was not quite fear…close…but that was not it. It was more a feeling of pained acceptance. He knows what he must face, I certainly do…Scarlet...May not be aware of it yet. She does not need something else to worry about. Scarlet is still far from stable. I want her healed and up. Deomo may need her, and I certainly need her. I miss the dance of death, and I am certain she does as well.

*grin*

Deomo and I spoke of Meela as well. Normally, Dr. Narheen would want to manipulate an embryonic Zabrak in her care to avoid the difficulties associated with their species. She has studied a way to permanently correct this sometimes fatal flaw in the Zabrak species. Deomo is adamantly opposed to it. He feels he can either raise her and teach her control, or…I do not know…At times it took both Deomo and I to keep Scarlet in check when she was lost to the feral calling. In Meela, this calling is much stronger. If he should fail in his battle with the pendant…Will Scarlet and I be able to raise her? Will Scarlet’s teachings of the Temple afford her the tools for the level of self control she will need? Unfortunately, I have read of the Zabrak culture and I know what happens to children lost to the feral nature. This I will not do. Undoubtedly, the Empire has its eyes on Meela as well. They will not take her as they took Avios. No matter what it takes…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is this deomo?

September 10, 2012 at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home