Sunday, March 06, 2005

Journal Entry- Meeting with Fate

Witnessing pain in the eyes of my enemies is something I have, at times, relished. Their suffering is usually earned by their dark actions. As I told the residents of Eden’s Grief as I left, “You reap what you sow.” We are often the cause of our own trials, our actions creating consequences we must face.

With Deomo, this is no longer the case. His actions in fulfilling his duty have no bearing on the pain he is suffering at the hands of the pendant. In his eyes I see the look of a pained man…One that knows there is a fight on the horizon…One that knows the consequences of failure.

He asked me to meet him in the Theed cantina. Once he removed his helmet, his eyes, combined with his pale complexion, indicated a lack of time. Scarlet must undergo the procedure tonight. Meela must be stable, and out of danger for Deomo’s struggle with the pendant. Scarlet must be strong enough to help Meela defend against the pendant itself. However, in actuality, this is not a major concern. I have felt Meela strike out against the pendant. The pendant was…Scared, shocked…she struck out with a pure feral force rooted with the force. Perhaps…perhaps she is Deomo’s only hope.

What of what Dr. Narheen told me? The level of the feral in Meela is dangerously high. In order to ensure survival, she would need Avios to help her manipulate the DNA slightly. If this is done, will Meela be able to defend her father against the pendant? If it is not done will there be any control over Meela?

Kark this conflict…this is not my choice. Deomo must know, Deomo and Scarlet must decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home