Friday, February 18, 2005

Journal Entry- Dream or Reality?

I awoke suddenly, startled from a dream. Reaching for my FWG5, a hand pushed me back down…why am I so weak?

“Shh…you won’t find your pistol, I took it, and you need to rest.”

I looked up and began to rage against the person holding me down.

“Father, stop…”

“Avios…Avios what the kark? Where am I what happened? Give me my pistol, NOW!!!”

“Dad, rest, I do not know what all you have been through, your EKG reading is chaotic, you need to relax. Scarlet, she is not well. I will need your help. We all need you to be strong.”

Scarlet!!! TaiShan!!! *feral*

*calm*

“Give me my pistol.”

“You mean this pistol?” Avios swing his arm behind him, then quickly brought has hand in front of him, spinning the pistol so that the handle was facing me.

*smile, pride* “Show off.”

“Relax Dad. I am going to go rest now. Dr. Narheen will take the next shift to monitor Scarlet.”

“Son, thank you, and…never take my gun from me again.” *smile*

As I became more aware of my surroundings, the headache grew. A dull throbbing emanated from my skull. The memories slowly began to creep back…

A saw a dull black, cloudy image; both menacing and frightful to Scarlet. An essence of Deomo was there as well. A warmth in my hand…Meela…Why? Why am I holding her in front of Deomo? I do not want this. Then the darkness shifted and turned them…Having handed Meela to Scarlet I approached and was knocked down. My mind shuddered. I could not focus. Then Meela struck at the darkness. Gods the child!!! Scarlet!!! The darkness cringed back…That is it, she is the key…I stumbled to my feet and approached the darkness again. It pounced on me as I was clearly the weakest antagonist at that point. It struck another blow. As I was shoved away from all of them, I remember begging Meela to strike again as its focus was on me. She did. Pure feral rage lashed out with a sword of the Force at the darkness. I remember smiling as the once fearsome thing faltered before a mere child. Then….nothing…blackness.

I remember leter being startled by a weak cry from Scarlet. Gods she was hurt, in pain, distressed, non-responsive.
*feral*
I focused on the feral instinct urging me to protect my mate. Perhaps not the mother of my child, but at least, for now, my soul-mate. The rage radiated from my body, but it was focused into sheer resolve. I forced myself to stand…Scarlet was before me, passed out, laying in a pool of blood…Gods what had happened?? Without hesitating, I wrapped her in my cloak and scooped her into my arms. I ran from the Temple and to the Lab…Arriving at the door I hesitated a moment…Did I just run 200m carrying Scarlet? The thought was fleeting. I quickly entered and yelled, “At ease!!” as the guard approached me. I ran down stairs to Dr. Narheen and laid Scarlet on the bed…

Beyond that is a blur of blood, fear, and panic. I did what was asked of me by both my son and Narheen…I am only a novice medic, I hope…I hope I did not fail her…

Then…Everything was fine…Scarlet weakly reached to me across the bond, the doctor and Avios cleaned up as I sat…I could not move. My body was numb…

How long have I been sleep…ing? How looon…… *sleep*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home