Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Journal Entry- Duty

Duty…One person’s duty used to be the bane of my existence. His blind devotion to an ideal that was not fully comprehended…He believed what he was told because he had too. A second thought was never given, an order was an order…The pain and destruction created was no cause for a pause. Quite possibly, they haunted him at night, but who among us does not have those demons?

I find myself faced with duty again…Stuck half way across the galaxy, unable to return…A slave to the whim of the admiral of this vessel. A more important Duty awaits me on Dantooine. The daughter of the man who once tormented me, and chalked it doing his duty, is dependent upon my success. My love, my Tai’Shan’s life, also is balanced along the blade of Fate. A slip either way, and all will be lost. I can sense her pain and distress across our bond. It has me restless. Already, I have sent four troopers to the infirmary, spent 3 nights in the brig, and…well…I don’t think I’ll mention the other…what the Admiral doesn’t know, won’t hurt him…

Everything is in place once I am able to return. I will have to try and remember my engineering skills so I may follow the schematics I…Acquired, to make the lab. I will have to relocate the doctor as well.

Deomo should be made aware of my plans as well. Hopefully Scarlet has spoken to him. Hopefully she has the strength to help him prepare for his battle with the pendant…Soon I will return, I promise Tai’shan, and you will have all my strength to help you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home