Thursday, April 14, 2005

Personal Entry- Fate's End Part II

Around she spun, as graceful as a shadow dancing across the landscape…A simple Imperial private, taking a respite from the war to toy with some hearts in the cantina. An evil permeated her, a darkness…she bent her body, swaying to the music, her piercing eyes looking at her simple-minded prey. Foolish men…so weak of mind…She will pick one out: one to take home, and feed upon. A lifestyle I have not come across through my travels, but my research indicates she is infected with the strain. No wonder the empire has recruited her. The bloodlust in an agent is a powerful tool. While I relish in it, she feeds upon it. Potome is a force to be reckoned with. She could prove to be very useful. I still have some scores to settle.

My thoughts were interrupted by the crass intrusion of a squad of Imperials on patrol, trying to ferret out rebels. One approached a known rebel sympathizer with whom I have become acquainted with. He threatened her and soon realized he was on the ground. He never saw the backhand coming that struck him so hard, he was dropped to his knees. I flashed my credentials to him and he apologized profusely. Soon another squad entered. Odd, a Colonel on patrol. Carrick approached me and introduced himself. He is the leader of a platoon of grunts and pilots with a call sign of TIE. He seemed very honorable, unusual in an Imperial Commander where usually the highest bidder wins. My thoughts again returned to loose ends I needed to…tie off…Perhaps TIE could assist me as well. We will see.

Why are my thoughts consumed by the end game? Why am I suddenly focused on all events left unfinished? Perhaps I have come to realize it is time. I know what I must do. Most of my time has been split between doing my job and helping those I love. Now, it is time to help myself. 72 hours straight of studying an intensive medical course series, has earned me the classification of Master Surgeon. I need to focus my efforts on solving this schism once and for all. Medical knowledge will not be enough, I know this now. My studies will have to be taken elsewhere. To some other place…A place separated form all others…from those I love…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home