Sunday, March 20, 2005

Personal Entry- Fate's Slap Across the Face

I peaked around the corner, my DX2 pointing along the wall behind me, ready to cover my backside. Keren is not normally this quiet. Residents quickly turned and scurried away from me as the saw me. They knew why I was here…

My gaze focused on my target, my mind clearing from the random musings. Now is not the time for that. Now is the time for justice. My right arm shifted in front of me, placing the patrol captain in my sights. I fired. The charged bolt of acid sped towards my victim and found its mark. The captain staggered, looked around confused…I approached him with a slow, careful stride. I smirked at him as I raised my pistol to his head.

“Leave my town.”
*Feral*

The rest of the patrol came running at the sound of my firing. Around the corner they came running, skidding to a halt at the sight before them: their captain lying at my feet, staring at them with dead eyes, and half of his skull missing. I smirked at them…

“Who’s next?”
*Bloodlust*

They broke and ran. Unfortunately for the scared troopers, they ran right into Slice. I sat back and watched the carnage, taking careful aim at the exposed arm or leg. Who’s to say Slice is the only one that can toy with his prey?

*wicked grin*

As Sliced bathed himself, and I holstered my DX2, my thoughts returned to the recent turn of events…My…failures…My recent duties…Perhaps I have over extended myself. Perhaps I have been following the wrong calling and should relegate myself to the role of a simple soldier. My offensives on bases have proven my ability in head on combat. This, this trip to Keren…Is not even for duty. The Imperial recruiter called me late one evening saying the rebels had overrun the city. With Scarlet still with Narheen due to my negligence, I geared up and took a shuttle to Keren, the first city I arrived in when I first landed on Naboo. This was as close of a hometown as I will ever know. I will take it back…

The anger turned to shame as images of Scarlet on the floor of my sorosub filled my mind. She clutched her belly as waves of pain washed over me from the bond, where, so recently before, the feelings from her were hunger, pleasure, lust, love…There was blood on both of us. It was her blood…caused by my foolishness… my carelessness. I failed her, her daughter Meela, and Deomo…And everyone else that is dependent upon her. The Temple, Frysheka…I failed them as well…Gods, what ever made me think I could possibly take this on my shoulders? I have finally been forced to open my eyes to what I am: an over confident man that should relegate himself to the duties of a simple solider. I guess I should thank Fate for the hard lesson.
*chuckle*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home