Monday, January 17, 2005

Mind of Maxell Snow- Cold Kaadu

Why do the cold dark places fascinate me the most? Why am I drawn into space, and now, drawn to this place? No sounds but the dripping of water on the cave floor: constant, never changing… Amazing to think my time with Cauil may have done me good. It may have strengthened me enough to withstand what I am feeling now. The pain is nothing comp…

*searing pain and nausea wrack his body*

*FLASH!!*

A cloudy image of the temple consumed my mind. Scar’let: standing before a crowd of people. I: having to stand in the back at the building terminal to manage security. I see a crowd of people watching her speak in, silent as they consume her words. Pride fills my being as I watch the Priestess glow in her role.

*FLASH!!*

Laser fire, claws and teeth flashing…Battle…Bloodlust, the Dance of Death. Sword flashing as it swirls around her black skirt, bellowing in the wind of her fury. Flesh hanging from the jaws of a Tuskcat, blood upon its fur. The feral breathes; all consuming. Such focus and determination, with a hint of rage.

*FLASH!!*

Ebe standing in a doorway, a small child holding her hand. It is Avios, so young, so pure, hair as black as hers once was, his eyes as blue as mine. His eyes gleamed with the innocence of one not yet touched by the impurities of the world. Ebe smiles at me.

*FLASH!!!*

*Darkness consumes Maxell’s mind*

Deomo, standing before Scar’let, who is badly beaten and injured. He holds a carbine in his hand with the muzzle pointed into her belly. “Not even that can help Deomo,” an odd sounding voice mumbled from Deomo’s lips.

*FLASH!!!*

My hand grips the throat of Cauil as his pleas for mercy hit my ears and rolls off like his blood rolls off of my knuckles. My fingers dig into his flesh and begin to feel the warmth of his blood coat them. His pleas soon become chokes as I can feel his windpipe in my grasp. Pulling and twisting, his eyes begin to look off in the distance, searching for a reason as to how this could have happened, how he….

*FLASH!!!*

I hear the crunch of Deomo’s corpse as my AT-ST trooper guides his vehicle to stride across his body. Finally it is over, everything, everyone, dead…No one is in my way, no one but…

*FLASH!!!*

*the pain stops*

A baby cries, Scar’let comes from a backroom of the temple to check on the basinet left close enough to the fire for warmth but not too close. Her mane of fire-red hair is unkempt; she seems stressed yet is overflowing with joy. She picks up the child which quickly nuzzles her chest, indicating its hunger. She shrugs a shoulder of her dress off exposing one of her breasts for it. She cradles it to her bosom as she softly hums to it. How odd, a human nursery rhyme, yet the baby, is it? Can it be?

My mind’s eye snaps open at the image and I try to peer into my own dream, trying to discover the truth. Then…DAMN!!!! Woken by a passing speeder…

Was it human or Zabrak? Why Gods? Why do you torture me so?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home